Definition of incursion in English:
An invasion or attack, especially a sudden or brief one: incursions into enemy territory border incursions figurative their successful incursion into the electronic-media market
More example sentences
- No doubt there are endless combinations of bombing campaigns and military incursions on the Pentagon's drawing board.
- When it became apparent that India was not going to attack, the cross-border incursions quickly rose again.
- Talk of invasions and incursions are rife at the moment and in Westport there is a similar discussion taking place.
- Example sentences
- As its name suggests, the Stopwatch mode is time based, with one team attempting to complete a set of incursive mission objectives, while the other defends.
- Like a sysop coping with an online world in which it's always September, he strove to civilize and enlighten the incursive Goths, a barbarous people who held learning in contempt.
- But this is not where the effects have ceased their incursive influence on the lives of those exposed to HUM events.
Words that rhyme with incursionanimadversion, aspersion, assertion, aversion, bioconversion, Cistercian, coercion, conversion, desertion, disconcertion, dispersion, diversion, emersion, excursion, exertion, extroversion, immersion, insertion, interspersion, introversion, Persian, perversion, submersion, subversion, tertian, version
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.