- 1A discussion or conference.More example sentences
- Again in two national indabas in Johannesburg, stakeholders admitted that the Boxing Act of 1954 needed to be revamped.
- These members served on the committee which facilitated two national boxing indabas held in Johannesburg this year.
- We need to find ways in which we engage the hoi polloi, the so-called masses, in public discourse through indabas, town hall forums, so that no one feels marginalised… their point of view matters, it counts.
- 2 • informal One’s own problem or concern: this country is our indaba and no one else’sMore example sentences
- If we fail to shake off the vestiges of colonialism this is our own indaba, not the dead colonialists' as far as I am concerned.
Xhosa and Zulu, 'discussion'.