noun (plural indecencies)[mass noun]
- 1Indecent behaviour: seven offences of rape and indecencyMore example sentences
indecent behaviour, gross indecency, pornography; obscenity, rudeness, coarseness, dirtiness, smuttiness, vulgarity, grossness, crudity, crudeness, bawdiness, lewdness, raciness, salaciousness, wickedness, impropriety, indelicacy, unseemliness, impurity, ribaldry, lasciviousness, licentiousness; prurience, profanity, foulness, vileness
- Keith was convicted of five gross indecency and three indecent assault charges at Swindon Crown Court on Tuesday.
- Ward will be charged with lewd and lascivious behaviour, public indecency and public intoxication at the Calgary courthouse on Monday.
- That case, in combination with the more recent controversy, shows why it's time to get rid of broadcast indecency law forever.
- 1.1 [count noun] An indecent act or expression: schoolboy indecenciesMore example sentences
- And those who shun the great sins and indecencies, and whenever they are angry, they forgive.
- In 1993, any reasonable facsimile of civilization would have had me committing indecencies with the bus station tarmac.
- Sun worshippers at Jomtien Beach this week were disturbed from doing the crossword after a man was observed shouting indecencies from behind an umbrella.