Definition of indecorous in English:
Not in keeping with good taste and propriety; improper: a pub crawl with sundry indecorous adventures
More example sentences
- ‘By venting such indecorous spleen, some might consider that I am indulging in the ‘politics of envy’, as it is called.
- First, an indecorous alphabet, which I have no idea about, other than it features descriptions of words that don't normally get written about (spicy chicken pasta, raisins, lard, creme egg).
- But some of the writers the regime is now grooming to take power look a lot like insurgents themselves: indecorous, sometimes indecent, not snobby about pop culture.
improper, unseemly, unbecoming, undignified, immodest, indecent, indelicate, indiscreet, immoral, shameless, loose, wanton, unvirtuous;
inappropriate, incorrect, wrong, unsuitable, inapt, inapposite, undesirable, unfitting, out of keeping, unacceptable, impolite, discourteous, in bad taste, ill-bred, ill-mannered, beyond the pale
- Example sentences
- Then just as Britain should have been sombrely mourning the far-reaching effect this would have on its Easter telly, another dowager shocked the nation by behaving indecorously.
- Strolling toward a table in the corner, she turned slowly, swirling her skirts around her, and plopped indecorously into a chair.
- There would have been some terrible dog named Tuba roaming about indecorously urinating on the grass and wearing a bandanna.
- Example sentences
- Overall these features create a sense of the indecorousness of worldly self-assertion, or perhaps, more grandly, of the potential blasphemy of human undertaking as a whole.
- Yet the charges of indecorousness leveled at these women poets repeat a fixed set of abstract grievances.
- A certain bellicosity and indecorousness characterize the operations of the office.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia