- 1Not justifiable by argument: this behaviour is morally indefensibleMore example sentences
inexcusable, unjustifiable, unjustified, unpardonable, unforgivable, inexpiable; uncalled for, unprovoked, gratuitous, without justification, without cause, without reason, unreasonable, unnecessary; regrettable, unacceptable, unworthy, remiss, blameworthy, culpable, reprehensible, censurable, unwarrantable; excessive, immoderate, unconscionable, outrageousuntenable, insupportable, unsustainable, unwarrantable, unwarranted, unjustifiable, unjustified, unsound, ill-founded, unfounded, groundless, baseless, flimsy, weak, shaky, flawed, faulty, defective, invalid, specious, arbitrary, implausible, absurd, illogical, irrational, preposterous, senseless, unacceptable
- Yes, budget deficits and indefensible tax cuts are moral issues, too.
- And defenses of his indefensible argument are indefensible too.
- The idea that our arguments and ideas are indefensible is patently ridiculous.
- 2Not able to be protected against attack: the towns were tactically indefensibleMore example sentences
undefendable, defenceless, undefended, unfortified, unguarded, unprotected, unshielded, unarmed, without arms, without weapons, without defences; vulnerable, exposed, assailable, open to attack, wide open, open, endangered, in danger, in peril, in jeopardy, at risk, insecure• rare pregnable
- The city was situated in such a way that made it indefensible against attack, leading them to compromise rather than be conquered.
- Hanover had been made as secure as any flat and virtually indefensible country could be.
- More example sentences
- The continued refusal of Congress to routinely make available much of the work of the Congressional Research Service, a $100 million-a-year arm of the Library of Congress, is approaching the regions of indefensibility.
- The aspect of the moral indefensibility, the wrongness of it, because it failed to bring justice, was the driving force for me and I think the driving force for the majority of the people in my party.
- His relationship with Briseis, who resists and then falls in love with him, exposes him to the absurdity and indefensibility of his position, as the glory-seeking pawn of a monstrous expedition.
- More example sentences
- This confirms my long-held suspicion that garden centres are every bit as indefensibly soulless and ghastly as out-of-town DIY superstores.
- After last week perhaps he could add that Scotland is a country whose leadership is morally lame and, therefore, indefensibly bad value for taxpayers' money.
- It is not at all clear that all colleges and universities have indefensibly larger and more expensive administrations.