Definition of indefinable in English:
Not able to be defined or described exactly: she reminds me, in some indefinable way, of my grandmother
More example sentences
- Ever since the ancient Greek artist Debutades traced a line around the silhouette of her lover's face, artists have been attempting to define the indefinable.
- It is a challenging attempt to define what is often indefinable.
- Poetry is the power of defining the indefinable in terms of the unforgettable.
- [as submodifier]: his indefinably foreign accentMore example sentences
- The sensation of luxury that you get in a cashmere jersey is a bit like the feeling of wearing madly expensive underwear - no one knows you're doing it, but you somehow look indefinably better than usual.
- The decor at Tower's is pretty much what you'd expect - pleasant and relaxing in that way that's indefinably associated with smart international hotels.
- There is something indefinably cosy about them.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia