- Not able to be defined or described exactly: she reminds me, in some indefinable way, of my grandmotherMore example sentences
- Ever since the ancient Greek artist Debutades traced a line around the silhouette of her lover's face, artists have been attempting to define the indefinable.
- It is a challenging attempt to define what is often indefinable.
- Poetry is the power of defining the indefinable in terms of the unforgettable.
- [as submodifier]: his indefinably foreign accentMore example sentences
- The sensation of luxury that you get in a cashmere jersey is a bit like the feeling of wearing madly expensive underwear - no one knows you're doing it, but you somehow look indefinably better than usual.
- The decor at Tower's is pretty much what you'd expect - pleasant and relaxing in that way that's indefinably associated with smart international hotels.
- There is something indefinably cosy about them.