- 1 [mass noun] The action of indenting or the state of being indented: paragraphs are marked off by indentation [count noun]: an indentation for each change of speakerMore example sentences
- The First Folio edition indicates text to be sung through indentation and italic typeface, though apparently not with absolute consistency.
- Use curly brackets and indentation to keep track of what you have assumed.
- The page is manipulated as a visual space to the extent most word processors allow, with varied patterns of indentation and spacing.
- 2A deep recess or notch on the edge or surface of something: coastal indentationsMore example sentences
- Where the craft landed were scorch marks and the deep indentations in the ground showed it was a heavy, sizeable besigheid.
- To this day, one can stretch one's fingers and thumb to fit the indentations on its smooth surface.
- Apart from a few small cuts and a deep indentation in the skin where it was pressed against the floorboard, I was fine.