- A small hard object used for producing an indentation in a solid in an indentation test.More example sentences
- Unfortunately, there are no well-defined spherical indenters available for indentation tests at the subcellular level.
- The mean pressure between the surface of the indenter and the indentation is equal to the load divided by the projected area of the indentation.
- Such large-scale clinical indenters average the mechanical properties of the biological tissue over a large volume, i.e., over several square millimetres of material.
More definitions of indenterDefinition of indenter in:
- The US English dictionary