Definition of indescribable in English:
Too unusual, extreme, or indefinite to be adequately described: most prisoners suffered indescribable hardship
More example sentences
- As for the three-day trek there was no point in describing the indescribable.
- The question really comes down to being asked to describe the indescribable.
- How does one describe an incredibly beautiful land and its indescribable tragedy?
inexpressible, undefinable, beyond words/description, beggaring description, nameless, incommunicable, ineffable, unutterable, unspeakable;
intense, extreme, acute, strong, powerful, profound;
incredible, extraordinary, remarkable, prodigious;
- Example sentences
- There is no quiet anymore, no secret pools where fairies dwell, no empty, glowing moments of indescribability.
- Their strongest asset has always been the sheer indescribability of their sound - they take all sorts of styles and craft a composite of natural, fluid sound.
- It's taken him years just to process it all, to be able to compress nine months of indescribability into a few sentences.
- [as submodifier]: it was indescribably boringMore example sentences
- The person responsible for such an indescribably appalling crime must be taken off the streets because it is inevitable he will strike again.
- The second is the view which is indescribably beautiful.
- The times in which we live are indescribably difficult and troubled.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.