- Too unusual, extreme, or indefinite to be adequately described: most prisoners suffered indescribable hardshipMore example sentences
inexpressible, undefinable, beyond words/description, beggaring description, nameless, incommunicable, ineffable, unutterable, unspeakable; intense, extreme, acute, strong, powerful, profound; incredible, extraordinary, remarkable, prodigious; indefinite, unanalysable, intangible, impalpable, elusive, fugitive
- As for the three-day trek there was no point in describing the indescribable.
- The question really comes down to being asked to describe the indescribable.
- How does one describe an incredibly beautiful land and its indescribable tragedy?
- More example sentences
- There is no quiet anymore, no secret pools where fairies dwell, no empty, glowing moments of indescribability.
- Their strongest asset has always been the sheer indescribability of their sound - they take all sorts of styles and craft a composite of natural, fluid sound.
- It's taken him years just to process it all, to be able to compress nine months of indescribability into a few sentences.
- [as submodifier]: it was indescribably boringMore example sentences
- The person responsible for such an indescribably appalling crime must be taken off the streets because it is inevitable he will strike again.
- The second is the view which is indescribably beautiful.
- The times in which we live are indescribably difficult and troubled.