Definition of indeterminable in English:
1Not able to be definitely ascertained, calculated, or identified: a woman of indeterminable age
More example sentences
- A girl of indeterminable age stood behind her, a grin on her face.
- Clean shaven and bald, save for a jet black goatee upon his chin, his age was nearly indeterminable.
- Cal's new doctor was a tall Indian of indeterminable age, anywhere from late twenties to equally late forties.
1.1(Of a dispute or difficulty) not able to be resolved.
- indeterminably adverb
- Example sentences
- However, in reality nature is indeterminably more powerful than we are, and she will have the last laugh.
- At some indeterminably distant point, a band of dark cloud hovers, apparently held between twin fingers of ice and sky.
- This has been an indeterminably long week of waiting.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.