Definition of indifferentism in English:
The belief that differences of religious belief are of no importance.
- Thus, when he protests that his pluralism is to be sharply distinguished from relativism and indifferentism (as he repeatedly does), he is only partly right.
- Therefore, they resisted what they perceived as American extremes of rationalism and indifferentism, precisely as did their Protestant and Catholic colleagues.
- What all the authors agree on is that a deep encounter with another faith tradition does not result in what some nervous people fear: indifferentism or relativism.
- Example sentences
- Secondly, Nietzsche complains, the indifferentists are too detached, not excited enough.
- Again, it betrays something of a complacent or indifferentist attitude toward modern life.
- It is unfortunately true, we must admit it, not seldom has pantheism made men into indifferentists.
Definition of indifferentism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia