Definition of indigenize in English:
Bring (something) under the control, dominance, or influence of indigenous or local people: English has been indigenized in different parts of the world
More example sentences
- Today, indigenized forms of Christianity seek to control the human condition in a period of insistent and significant change.
- Following this principle, Hong Kong was a city that absorbed influences from the West and went on to localise and indigenise foreign cultures.
- Through an odd twist of history they have come to embrace painting and other works of rectilinear format as a fully indigenized genre within the context of postcolonialism.
- 1indigenization noun
- Example sentences
- He has always laid emphasis on indigenisation and self-reliance.
- The crucial middle phase, cultural melding and mediation, consists of three distinct cultural interactions: transculturation, hybridization, and indigenization.
- Popular music has been a very prominent arena for processes of hybridization and indigenization to develop in a fruitful way.
Words that rhyme with indigenizeroutinize • platitudinize
Definition of indigenize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.