Definition of indigenize in English:
Bring (something) under the control, dominance, or influence of indigenous or local people: English has been indigenized in different parts of the world
More example sentences
- Today, indigenized forms of Christianity seek to control the human condition in a period of insistent and significant change.
- Following this principle, Hong Kong was a city that absorbed influences from the West and went on to localise and indigenise foreign cultures.
- Through an odd twist of history they have come to embrace painting and other works of rectilinear format as a fully indigenized genre within the context of postcolonialism.
- Example sentences
- He has always laid emphasis on indigenisation and self-reliance.
- The crucial middle phase, cultural melding and mediation, consists of three distinct cultural interactions: transculturation, hybridization, and indigenization.
- Popular music has been a very prominent arena for processes of hybridization and indigenization to develop in a fruitful way.
Words that rhyme with indigenizeroutinize • platitudinize
Definition of indigenize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan