(also indigo finch)
- An African weaver related to the whydahs, the male having black plumage with blue or purple iridescence.
More example sentences
- Genus Vidua, family Ploceidae: four species
- The intermediate male breeding plumage - between that of an indigobird and a paradise whydah therefore indicates that the father was a paradise whydah.
- In contrast to cuckoos, both male and female indigobirds imprint on their hosts.
- None of the indigobirds associated with red-billed firefinch were closely related to individuals associated with brown firefinch, or vice versa.