Having, showing, or proceeding from too great a readiness to reveal things that should remain private or secret: they have been embarrassed by indiscreet friends
More example sentences
- Unless he is unhinged, no politician in a modern democracy reveals any indiscreet biases in public.
- Giving an after dinner speech to, of all things, a public school old boys' soccer club he was arrogantly indiscreet, revealing numerous confidential FA matters.
- I asked her if that was what she had meant by private, but not indiscreet.
ill-considered, careless, rash, unwary, hasty, reckless, precipitate, impulsive, foolhardy, foolish, short-sighted;
- Example sentences
- Last summer I noticed some neighbours eyeing my backyard property most indiscreetly.
- Their liaison takes place, strangely and indiscreetly, on a bed in a vast open gallery.
- ‘Well, Juliet's party was successful, as per usual,’ Hannah said, propping an elbow on the table, indiscreetly rolling her eyes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.