Definition of indisputable in English:
Unable to be challenged or denied: a far from indisputable fact
More example sentences
- Sadly, political fluff and rhetoric again ignores clear indisputable facts.
- No-one is foolish enough to doubt his talent, yet it remains an indisputable fact that he has never won the games that really matter.
- Now and again an indisputable fact can be spotted in what the same Labour MP calls ‘the media swirls’.
incontrovertible, incontestable, undeniable, irrefutable, unassailable, beyond dispute, unquestionable, beyond question, indubitable, not in doubt, beyond doubt, beyond a shadow of a doubt, unarguable, inarguable, undebatable, unanswerable;
unequivocal, unambiguous, unmistakable, certain, sure, definite, definitive, proven, positive, decisive, conclusive, final, ultimate;
clear, clear-cut, straightforward, plain, as plain as a pikestaff, transparent, obvious, manifest, evident, self-evident, staring one in the face, patent, demonstrative, demonstrable, observable, palpable;
uncontroversial, accepted, acknowledged;
marked, pronounced, express, emphatic, categorical, compelling, convincing, clinching, airtight, watertight
- Example sentences
- ‘Everyone has opportunities,’ said Chris, chest pumped up with the indisputability of his wisdom.
- Thus, even though the majority of previous studies seem to indicate that women will form a more ethical workforce, its indisputability has not been fully established.
- To assert its indisputability would be to acknowledge that we, in pre-colonial times, were literally heathens in need of enlightenment.
- Example sentences
- And what comes out of the oven is unquestionably, unarguably, indisputably, a brick.
- Architecturally they are both indisputably interesting, even distinguished.
- Dublin 4 is indisputably Ireland's most expensive postcode.
Pronunciation: /ɪndɪspjuːtəˈbɪlɪti/ /ɪndɪspjʊtəˈbɪlɪti/noun
Pronunciation: /ɪndɪˈspjuːtəbli/ /ɪndɪˈspjʊtəbli/adverb
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.