Not able to be identified as different or distinct: the counterfeit bills were virtually indistinguishable from the real thing
More example sentences
- Their mannerisms are alike, their voices indistinguishable, their gaits identical.
- In quantum theory, identical particles are also indistinguishable particles.
- Although seen as toys, many are indistinguishable from real weapons unless you hold them and examine their workings.
identical, almost identical, the same, alike, very similar;
informal as like as two peas in a pod, like Tweedledum and Tweedledee
unintelligible, incomprehensible, hard to understand, hard to make out, indistinct, unclear, indefinite;
- More example sentences
- The problem is lack of variety: one song merges indistinguishably into another, the surfeit of emotion sounding more maudlin by the minute.
- New paint will mingle indistinguishably with the previous layer.
- The album's mixing is muddy, with the instrumentation indistinguishably blending together.