Definition of individuate in English:
Distinguish from others of the same kind; single out: it is easy to individuate and enumerate the significant elements
More example sentences
- The cloned child would have her uniquely individuating consciousness that would be constitutive of her personal identity.
- What we have seen in the rite of seeing off is a procedure of individuating the deceased through drawing boundaries.
- Although every baboon is a distinct, highly individuated self, each seems to exist simultaneously as self-in-community or even as self-in-communion.
- Example sentences
- Jung defines individuation as the lifelong process towards ‘the integration of the self’.
- The hypotheses proposed were derived from a combination of literature on parenting, identity formation, and individuation in the family context.
- Increased behavioral autonomy facilitates secondary processes such as role exploration, identity formation, and individuation.
Definition of individuate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan