Definition of indoctrinate in English:
1Teach (a person or group) to accept a set of beliefs uncritically: broadcasting was a vehicle for indoctrinating the masses
More example sentences
- Has an atheist who practices religion in Borneo overcome the beliefs he was indoctrinated with?
- She begs him to teach and indoctrinate her into the ways of what he does.
- According to theologian, we are all indoctrinated in the myth of redemptive violence: The basic belief that violence can create peace.
- Example sentences
- Religious indoctrinators of every denomination must be salivating: all those innocent minds to corrupt, sorry, convert - and all on state money.
- And of course some indoctrinators are more thorough and thought-preventive than others are.
- If that is that case, the indoctrinators, like Aldous Huxley's controllers, become all-powerful.
Words that rhyme with indoctrinatemarinate • peregrinate
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.