Impossible to doubt; unquestionable: an indubitable truth
More example sentences
- The story has many variants, but all of them reflect an indubitable truth - China-made toys are taking a great market share in global markets.
- This fact about induction, we are told, is the difficulty that makes science fall short of telling us indubitable truths about the world.
- If this is so, no judgement, however modest, is absolutely indubitable.
unquestionable, undoubtable, indisputable, unarguable, inarguable, undebatable, incontestable, undeniable, irrefutable, incontrovertible, unmistakable, unequivocal, certain, sure, positive, definite, absolute, conclusive, emphatic, categorical, compelling, watertight, clear, clear-cut;
beyond doubt, beyond the shadow of a doubt, beyond dispute, beyond question, not in question, not in doubt
- [sentence adverb]: indubitably, liberalism parades under many guisesMore example sentences
- The goal of this doubting process is to arrive at a list of beliefs that are certain and indubitably true.
- Military detention does indubitably pose potential risks to liberty, though there are also powerful justifications for it, in a narrow range of cases.
- But in the end, their decision was indubitably made easier by the more cavalier attitudes of their postmodern upbringing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.