- Impossible to doubt; unquestionable: an indubitable truthMore example sentences
unquestionable, undoubtable, indisputable, unarguable, inarguable, undebatable, incontestable, undeniable, irrefutable, incontrovertible, unmistakable, unequivocal, certain, sure, positive, definite, absolute, conclusive, emphatic, categorical, compelling, watertight, clear, clear-cut; beyond doubt, beyond the shadow of a doubt, beyond dispute, beyond question, not in question, not in doubt
- The story has many variants, but all of them reflect an indubitable truth - China-made toys are taking a great market share in global markets.
- This fact about induction, we are told, is the difficulty that makes science fall short of telling us indubitable truths about the world.
- If this is so, no judgement, however modest, is absolutely indubitable.
- [sentence adverb]: indubitably, liberalism parades under many guisesMore example sentences
- The goal of this doubting process is to arrive at a list of beliefs that are certain and indubitably true.
- Military detention does indubitably pose potential risks to liberty, though there are also powerful justifications for it, in a narrow range of cases.
- But in the end, their decision was indubitably made easier by the more cavalier attitudes of their postmodern upbringing.
late Middle English: from Latin indubitabilis, from in- 'not' + dubitabilis (see dubitable).