noun[mass noun] Aeronautics
- That part of the drag on an aerofoil which arises from the development of lift.More example sentences
- During your takeoff roll, keep the elevator in the neutral position to decrease induced drag.
- Objects that create lift must also overcome this induced drag, also known as drag-due-to-lift.
- When the aircraft went into a turn and pulled some Gs, induced drag would be lowered.
More definitions of induced dragDefinition of induced drag in:
- The US English dictionary