- Spying directed towards discovering the secrets of a rival manufacturer or other industrial company.More example sentences
- Insider trading should be regulated by existing criminal laws that prohibit industrial espionage and the theft of trade secrets and sensitive commercial information.
- Workplace safety, industrial espionage, theft and criminal activity, rather than terrorist threats, often are the main security issues in commercial office buildings.
- French and Spanish naval architects, for instance, resorted to industrial espionage to steal the construction secrets of ships such as the Victory.
More definitions of industrial espionageDefinition of industrial espionage in:
- The US English dictionary