Definition of inedible in English:
Not fit or suitable for eating: an inedible variety of mushroom
More example sentences
- The vegetable dumplings, in contrast, were almost inedible, with a slimy exterior and no discernible flavour.
- In 1740 during an intense frost, birds fell to the ground frozen in flight and rock-hard bread was inedible.
- I don't know if it was the beef or the noodles or both which were to blame, but my food wasn't very warm and was so oily it was virtually inedible.
- Example sentences
- Bitterness, although sometimes appreciated, is generally disliked and serves as a warning of inedibility.
- The garnish is a ‘bird wing’ kind of decoration (I discover its inedibility after I try a bite).
- They are also purple, and smell bad, two of the criteria I use to determine inedibility.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan