Definition of inedible in English:
Not fit or suitable for eating: an inedible variety of mushroom
More example sentences
- The vegetable dumplings, in contrast, were almost inedible, with a slimy exterior and no discernible flavour.
- In 1740 during an intense frost, birds fell to the ground frozen in flight and rock-hard bread was inedible.
- I don't know if it was the beef or the noodles or both which were to blame, but my food wasn't very warm and was so oily it was virtually inedible.
- Example sentences
- Bitterness, although sometimes appreciated, is generally disliked and serves as a warning of inedibility.
- The garnish is a ‘bird wing’ kind of decoration (I discover its inedibility after I try a bite).
- They are also purple, and smell bad, two of the criteria I use to determine inedibility.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.