Definition of inefficacious in English:
Not producing the desired effect: social conventions honed over thousands of years were suddenly inefficacious
More example sentences
- Then I just started wittering in a pretty inefficacious way at the Carribean customer service woman.
- Several writers argue that terrorism is generally inefficacious, strategically counterproductive and unsuccessful in attaining socio-political objectives.
- But though it is not absolutely efficacious under all circumstances, it is of great potency always, and rarely inefficacious.
- Example sentences
- The government can no longer tell us that public transport is a viable alternative, since its naked inefficacy was the very rod they used to beat the protesters.
- Perhaps, after people witness the inefficacy of such attacks and counterattacks, we can return to a more sedate confirmation process.
- It's estimated that between $1 billion to $2 billion annually can be freed up by ending the waste, the inefficacy, the overlapping responsibilities.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan