Not producing the desired effect: social conventions honed over thousands of years were suddenly inefficacious
More example sentences
- Then I just started wittering in a pretty inefficacious way at the Carribean customer service woman.
- Several writers argue that terrorism is generally inefficacious, strategically counterproductive and unsuccessful in attaining socio-political objectives.
- But though it is not absolutely efficacious under all circumstances, it is of great potency always, and rarely inefficacious.
- Example sentences
- The government can no longer tell us that public transport is a viable alternative, since its naked inefficacy was the very rod they used to beat the protesters.
- Perhaps, after people witness the inefficacy of such attacks and counterattacks, we can return to a more sedate confirmation process.
- It's estimated that between $1 billion to $2 billion annually can be freed up by ending the waste, the inefficacy, the overlapping responsibilities.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: in|ef¦fi|ca¦cious
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.