- A small shield placed within a larger one.More example sentences
- Until 1917 (when the British royal family dropped German titles), the male-line descendants of Queen Victoria bore the arms of Saxony (for Prince Albert) on an inescutcheon over the royal arms.
- An orle is a perforated inescutcheon, and usually takes the shape of the shield whereon it is placed.
- The dexter coat is dimidiated, with half of the inescutcheon and three and two halves of the cross crosslets visible.
More definitions of inescutcheonDefinition of inescutcheon in:
- The US English dictionary