(Of a person) not easily excited; unexcitable.
- I was greeted at the front desk of the New York State Labor Office by the usual inexcitable nose-picking troglodyte.
- Adam is an inexcitable 28-year-old who works at the local Seattle public radio station and never takes risks.
- Even the inexcitable old doctor had felt the attraction which had already conquered three such dissimilar people as Alban Morris, Cecilia Wyvil, and Francine de Sor.
- Example sentences
- The inexcitability, this presence at all times of power not used, I regard as the great safeguard of our British people.
- Functional changes can cause electrical inexcitability of nerves and muscles with reversible muscle weakness.
- I am guessing that deep down inside my inexcitability about life was just a temporary glitch and I am an optimist after all.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: in|ex¦cit|able
Definition of inexcitable in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.