Definition of inexcusable in English:
Too bad to be justified or tolerated: Matt’s behaviour was inexcusable
More example sentences
- Yesterday he told him their actions were inexplicable and inexcusable that night and could have had even more disastrous consequences.
- It is caused by a deliberate act, no matter how justifiable or inexcusable it may be.
- The loss of a case file is an inexcusable error and totally unacceptable.
indefensible, unjustifiable, unjustified, unwarrantable, unwarranted, unpardonable, unforgivable, inexpiable;
blameworthy, censurable, reprehensible, deplorable, unconscionable, outrageous, disgraceful, regrettable, unacceptable, unreasonable, unworthy;
uncalled-for, unprovoked, gratuitous, without cause, without reason, without justification
- [as submodifier]: he was inexcusably rudeMore example sentences
- She made to leave, unable to bring herself to care that she was being inexcusably rude, but was caught by Cian as she tried to pass.
- I know this letter is inexcusably short, but I just got back home from summer school and I am so tired right now.
- Still, while the pacifist position is inexcusably naive, at least it is internally consistent.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan