Definition of inexhaustible in English:
(Of an amount or supply of something) unable to be used up because existing in abundance: his inexhaustible energy
More example sentences
- They seem to have an inexhaustible supply of energy and a considerable willpower.
- Their say-no-to-drugs mantra affirmed that New York at least has an inexhaustible supply of high energy.
- Mumbai has inexhaustible stores of energy, yet has a live and let live disposition which welcomes all comers.
unlimited, limitless, illimitable, without limit, infinite, unbounded, boundless, endless, never-ending, unending, without end, unfailing, everlasting, bottomless, measureless, immeasurable, incalculable, inestimable, untold;
tireless, indefatigable, untiring, unwearying, weariless, unfaltering, unfailing, unflagging, unwavering, unremitting, persevering, persistent, dogged
- Example sentences
- These notions of the inexhaustibility of spirit and of being the confrontational and indefatigable critic of the status quo became the prescriptions Said carried for intellectual life.
- He was interested in presenting works that speak to our present moment, works that he feels have ‘a soul, a mystery, an inexhaustibility.’
- Caffeine also causes a flushed face, dieresis, disturbances in stomach and intestines, muscle twitching, rambling flow of thought and speech, periods of inexhaustibility and disturbances in muscular activity.
- Example sentences
- The dominant fare continues to be Mozart, probably the only composer who could sustain such constant high exposure - practically everyone loves Mozart, and luckily he produced a huge, inexhaustibly rich body of work in every form.
- The intersection of race and religion in the American South offers an inexhaustibly rich field of study, and several recent studies have examined the problem in particular denominations.
- Ever since, she has explored the formal, expressive and technical possibilities of the photo-grid, creating an inexhaustibly inventive body of work.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan