Definition of inexhaustible in English:
(Of an amount or supply of something) unable to be used up because existing in abundance: his inexhaustible energy
More example sentences
- They seem to have an inexhaustible supply of energy and a considerable willpower.
- Their say-no-to-drugs mantra affirmed that New York at least has an inexhaustible supply of high energy.
- Mumbai has inexhaustible stores of energy, yet has a live and let live disposition which welcomes all comers.
unlimited, limitless, illimitable, without limit, infinite, unbounded, boundless, endless, never-ending, unending, without end, unfailing, everlasting, bottomless, measureless, immeasurable, incalculable, inestimable, untold;
tireless, indefatigable, untiring, unwearying, weariless, unfaltering, unfailing, unflagging, unwavering, unremitting, persevering, persistent, dogged
- Example sentences
- These notions of the inexhaustibility of spirit and of being the confrontational and indefatigable critic of the status quo became the prescriptions Said carried for intellectual life.
- He was interested in presenting works that speak to our present moment, works that he feels have ‘a soul, a mystery, an inexhaustibility.’
- Caffeine also causes a flushed face, dieresis, disturbances in stomach and intestines, muscle twitching, rambling flow of thought and speech, periods of inexhaustibility and disturbances in muscular activity.
- Example sentences
- The dominant fare continues to be Mozart, probably the only composer who could sustain such constant high exposure - practically everyone loves Mozart, and luckily he produced a huge, inexhaustibly rich body of work in every form.
- The intersection of race and religion in the American South offers an inexhaustibly rich field of study, and several recent studies have examined the problem in particular denominations.
- Ever since, she has explored the formal, expressive and technical possibilities of the photo-grid, creating an inexhaustibly inventive body of work.
Pronunciation: /ɪnɪɡzɔːstɪˈbɪlɪti/ /ɪnɛɡzɔːstɪˈbɪlɪti/noun
Pronunciation: /ˌɪnɪɡˈzɔːstɪbli/ /ˌɪnɛɡˈzɔːstɪbli/adverb
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.