Definition of inexpensive in English:
Not costing a great deal; cheap: a simple and inexpensive solution
More example sentences
- This job should be a reasonably inexpensive one and could be done in one day.
- The bulbs are fairly inexpensive and often you can find other tulip varieties at bargain bulk-pack prices.
- They're usually inexpensive, so are kind on your budget as well as your skin.
cheap, low-priced, low-price, low-cost, economical, economic, competitive, affordable, reasonable, reasonably priced, moderately priced, keenly priced, budget, economy, cheap and cheerful, bargain, cut-rate, cut-price, half-price, sale-price, sale, reduced, on special offer, marked down, discounted, discount, rock-bottom, giveaway
British informal bargainous
- Example sentences
- For wallpapering, use a pasting table - which can be hired or bought quite inexpensively from DIY stores; a pasting brush and bucket, and wallpaper scissors.
- By using common household bleach as a chemical treatment method, large amounts of safe drinking water can be provided quite inexpensively.
- Biotechnology companies say that genetically modified crops could be a way to produce certain pharmaceuticals inexpensively.
- Example sentences
- It's a popular sport with parents in America where the inexpensiveness of the kit and the relative lack of injury is a pleasant contrast to some of the more bruising national pastimes on offer.
- Finally, if the results of Vargas et al are confirmed in properly designed, controlled, double-blind studies in humans, silver nitrate could become the sclerosant of choice, given its wide availability and inexpensiveness.
- Their popularity, at least as far as producers are concerned, results from their inherent inexpensiveness.
Pronunciation: /ɪnɪkˈspɛnsɪvli/ /ɪnɪkˈspɛnsɪvli/adverb
Pronunciation: /ˌɪnɪkˈspɛnsɪvnəs/ /ˌɪnɛkˈspɛnsɪvnəs/noun
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan