- Why contribute to collections of essays that try to explain the inexplicable?
- The book became a hit thanks to Singh's gift for explaining the inexplicable.
- For some inexplicable reason, they have switched my account to a broadband one again.
- Example sentences
- The fundamental inexplicability of existence led Argento temporarily to abandon the giallo form for his next two features, Suspiria and Inferno.
- And yet, within this enormity, hidden on every page is a small boy who opens his eyes to witness the inexplicability of human sorrow.
- Here, the estranging inexplicability of the actual is most viscerally approached, not through any feeble attempt at representation, but through the bizarre allusiveness of the fictive.
Late Middle English: from French, or from Latin inexplicabilis 'that cannot be unfolded', from in- 'not' + explicabilis (see explicable).
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: in|ex¦plic|able
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.