- Unable to be stretched or drawn out in length.More example sentences
- Root lengths were measured by aligning an inextensible cord with the roots and then taking measurements of the cord with a ruler.
- All that is required is a spring balance or, better, an electronic strain gauge, against which the body-part of interest exerts force through a virtually inextensible wire or rigid lever system.
- The base of the stem was surrounded with an inextensible strap linked to a motorized dynamometer, allowing controlled basal bending.
More definitions of inextensibleDefinition of inextensible in:
- The US English dictionary