noun[mass noun] Astronomy
- The falling of small objects or other matter on to or into a larger body: the infall of debris into a black holeMore example sentences
- The size of this infall is related directly to the amount of matter in the Universe.
- K-bentonite horizons, interpreted as altered volcanic infall, are interbedded with the limestones of the Precordillera.
- The strong form states that we're constantly being bombarded with biochemical material from space, and that there's a correlation between Viral outbreaks and patterns of infall.
More definitions of infallDefinition of infall in:
- The US English dictionary