Definition of infallibility in English:
1The quality of being infallible; the inability to be wrong: his judgement became impaired by faith in his own infallibility
More example sentences
- The administration's infallibility complex - its inability to admit ever making a mistake - will get even worse.
- I do not wish to claim infallibility: all journalists get things wrong from time to time, mainly because they misunderstand or mishear information given to them.
- I am not an IT professional, and my infallibility does not apply to the IT world, so please bear with me.
1.1 (also papal infallibility) (In the Roman Catholic Church) the doctrine that in specified circumstances the Pope is incapable of error in pronouncing dogma.
- In 1870 the First Vatican Council announced the dogma of papal infallibility on matters of faith and morals.
- Thus, infallibility is a negative charism, not a positive act of inspired prophecy.
- It's precisely what infallibility is for, to protect us from the stupidity of the Church's members.
Definition of infallibility in:
- US English dictionary