- The death of children under the age of one year: the decline of infant mortality in the 20th century [as modifier]: the infant mortality rateMore example sentences
- The death rate and infant mortality have declined, and life expectancy has increased.
- One of the most sensitive indicators of a nation's health is that of infant mortality, the death rate of children under 1 year of age.
- Both experience unconscionable rates of morbidity, infant mortality, and violent deaths.
More definitions of infant mortalityDefinition of infant mortality in:
- The US English dictionary