Definition of infighting in English:
1Hidden conflict or competitiveness within an organization: infighting between departments grew worse the split was designed to end political infighting
More example sentences
- This back-stabbing confirms and supports Naki's assertion that there are divisions and infighting within the organisation.
- All this infighting within the political parties is giving aid and comfort to the enemy.
- The problem has been exacerbated by what many believe is a combination of factional infighting within the Church and a declining number of priests from which to chose.
1.1Boxing closer to an opponent than at arm’s length.
- It applies very well for infighting and being able to take an opponent down while controlling him.
- Infighting is an important part of any serious bout and to be a competent boxer you must master it.
- Is there an advantage to practicing close, infighting boxing for fights like this?
- Example sentences
- ‘A year ago, yes, there really was a shortage of money and people,’ she said, with the innate caution of a bureaucratic infighter.
- He may have been extraordinarily passive on economic and social matters, but he was a superb bureaucratic infighter - bold, decisive and ruthless.
- Second, he wasn't merely a fighter; he was an infighter.
Words that rhyme with infightingprizefighting
Definition of infighting in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan