- A sequence of reasoning or justification which can never come to an end.More example sentences
- The question of infinity relates to paradoxes - an infinite regress or a circular argument indicate something is wrong with the argument.
- Keep trying to think of something new to say - i.e. embark on an infinite regress (Mode of Infinity).
- And if we should propose some proof, or theory, in support of it being really blue, we will have to face the skeptic's demand for further justification of that theory, which will set off an infinite regress.
More definitions of infinite regressDefinition of infinite regress in:
- The US English dictionary