- The state or quality of being infinite or having no limit: the infinitude of the universeMore example sentences
- To say understanding depletes the object understood, and by extension the whole objective world, is merely to say that specificities limit infinitude.
- To portray God in human form in a two-dimensional fresco is to limit God's infinitude that is infinitely beyond the powers of the human mind to perceive.
- As Mr Fowles again points out, we find ourselves adrift on a raft, in a silent, unyielding universe, dominated by hazard and infinitude.
mid 17th century: from Latin infinitus (see infinite), on the pattern of magnitude.
More definitions of infinitudeDefinition of infinitude in:
- The US English dictionary