- A person in charge of the infirmary in a medieval monastery.More example sentences
- The body was washed and prepared for burial by the women of the family (or by the monastic infirmarer, in the case of a monk or nun), and either shrouded or placed in a coffin.
- The infirmarer was allowed to speak to the inmates of the infirmary, but was to do so quietly and in designated areas.
- The prior, or he who holds his power, if the sickness of the brother requires immediate assistance, shall tell the infirmarer.
late Middle English: from Old French enfermerier, from enfermerie 'infirmary', based on Latin infirmus (see infirm).
More definitions of infirmarerDefinition of infirmarer in:
- The US English dictionary