- 1 (also point of inflection) Mathematics A point of a curve at which a change in the direction of curvature occurs.More example sentences
- In any case, our sample size of 500 was sufficient to have crossed the inflection point on the sampling curve.
- We estimated the growth-rate constant K, and the inflection point I, using the equations in Table 1.
- This would give a sensitive initial portion to the curve, an inflexion point at 10-15 Gy, followed by a more resistant portion.
- 2chiefly US (In business) a time of significant change in a situation; a turning point: the economy has crossed an inflection point and is poised for bigger thingsMore example sentences
- The financial crisis has now reached an undeniable inflection point.
- Malawi's not yet, from what I can tell, anywhere near the inflection point.
- Specifically we want to show why we use sentiment data to forecast market inflection points.
More definitions of inflection pointDefinition of inflection point in:
- The US English dictionary