Definition of influent in English:
Flowing in: some particles delivered in the influent streams settle in the reservoirs
More example sentences
- Use at least a 4-inch diameter sewer line (also known as influent line or distribution pipe) from the house to the lagoon.
- In summer, influent waters are commonly warm and enter the uppermost waters, but cooler rainwater falling at night may sink to the level of the thermocline before moving out into the basin.
- The high sludge yields were caused by unexpectedly high and erratic levels of influent solids for which the builders were not responsible.
nounBack to top
A stream, especially a tributary, which flows into another stream or lake.
- The method involves the steps of continuously flowing an influent into a treatment basin and continuously flowing an effluent out of the treatment basin into a clarifier.
- This proves that the presence of ASP effluent in the Knostrop influent is not detrimental to settlement and that the Knostrop influent is capable of good settlement with proper operation.
- In an extensive survey of U.S. wastewater treatment plants, Schulz has found perfluorinated compounds in influents and effluents.
Definition of influent in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan