- A turning or folding inwards; an inward fold.More example sentences
- The head region of the embryo is demarcated anterior to the node by the head fold, an infolding of the blastoderm composed of both ectoderm and endoderm.
- For example, most metazoans go through a developmental stage called a gastrula - a ball of cells with an infolding that later forms the gut.
- In the octopus eye it is formed by an infolding of the surface cells on the head, which become thickened to form eye components.
More definitions of infoldingDefinition of infolding in:
- The US English dictionary