Definition of infomania in English:
noun[mass noun] informal
The compulsive desire to check or accumulate news and information, typically via mobile phone or computer: Wilson warned that the rise in infomania could reduce workers' mental sharpness
More example sentences
- Having your phone at the ready or tapping away constantly gives rise to what experts are calling infomania.
- The Bagus Gran Cyber Cafés have become the Japanese capital's grand temples of infomania.
- If you've been worrying about losing IQ points to "infomania" - constant email and phone interruptions - you can put your mind at ease.
- Example sentences
- As a certified infomaniac, my frequent daily news trawls cost me an average of €80 a month in mobile phone charges.
- The five instruments we've rounded up represent a variety of features for bikers who range from the casual cruiser to the infomaniac.
- Like many infomaniacs, I use the internet as my first port of call for the news.
Definition of infomania in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.