- The mathematical study of the coding of information in the form of sequences of symbols, impulses, etc. and of how rapidly such information can be transmitted, for example through computer circuits or telecommunications channels.More example sentences
- With his work on information theory and boolean logic, he created the theoretical underpinnings of both the networks and the devices that make up the Information Age we live in today.
- Over the course of his career, he has taught electromagnetics, communication and information theory, circuit syntheses, and coherent optics.
- Well, the field that I invented in 1965, and which I call algorithmic information theory, provides a possible solution for the problem of how to measure complexity.
More definitions of information theoryDefinition of information theory in:
- The US English dictionary