Definition of informatory in English:
1Giving information; informative.
- Many motorists do not know the differences between mandatory, cautionary and informatory traffic signs.
- All the three types of road and traffic signs are included under three heads such as mandatory, warning and informatory towards the end.
- Our institution produces informatory notes on engineering related subjects as the need arises.
1.1 Bridge (Of a double) intended to convey information to one’s partner rather than to score a penalty.
- There are many informatory doubles that anticipate a bid from partner.
- If there is no intervening bid, you must bid your longest unbid suit unless you can convert the informatory double to a penalty double.
Words that rhyme with informatoryreformatory
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan