1Giving information; informative.
- Many motorists do not know the differences between mandatory, cautionary and informatory traffic signs.
- All the three types of road and traffic signs are included under three heads such as mandatory, warning and informatory towards the end.
- Our institution produces informatory notes on engineering related subjects as the need arises.
1.1 Bridge (Of a double) intended to convey information to one’s partner rather than to score a penalty.
- There are many informatory doubles that anticipate a bid from partner.
- If there is no intervening bid, you must bid your longest unbid suit unless you can convert the informatory double to a penalty double.
Words that rhyme with informatoryreformatory
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: in|forma|tory
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.