- Permission granted in full knowledge of the possible consequences, typically that which is given by a patient to a doctor for treatment with knowledge of the possible risks and benefits: written informed consent was obtained from each patientMore example sentences
- Recent case law on malpractice litigation and informed consent has been incorporated.
- Regrettably, the very same design meant that it was not possible to obtain the informed consent of the patients.
- The clinic also tells patients that the risks are so unknown it does not think informed consent is possible.
More definitions of informed consentDefinition of informed consent in:
- The US English dictionary