Definition of infraction in English:
A violation or infringement of a law or agreement.
- Punishment is meted out to the offender because this is what he deserves in response to his infraction of the criminal law.
- The House bill would make it a federal misdemeanor crime, rather than merely a civil infraction, to violate immigration laws.
- I am of the view that there was no reasonable basis for detention of Mr. Stephen on an alleged infraction of the seatbelt legislation.
- Example sentences
- Other than confiscating gear and catch there is little a group can do to punish infractors.
- Sanctioners are chosen because they are structurally close to the infractors, but often also because they are relatively more powerful.
- The type of infraction was used to classify drivers as infractors or non-infractors.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.