- A taxonomic category that ranks below a suborder.More example sentences
- Glaessner employed the classification scheme of Moore and McConnick that included 66 families of fossil and extant decapods arrayed in 18 superfamilies, 8 infraorders, and 2 suborders.
- A large clade composed of taxa from the infraorders Anomura, Thalassinidea, and Brachyura is defined at node 54.
- Our analysis places them as a basal clade in the infraorder based on a cervical groove that does not cross the midline of the carapace and the loss of the fractosternate condition.
More definitions of infraorderDefinition of infraorder in:
- The US English dictionary