Definition of infrastructure in English:
The basic physical and organizational structures and facilities (e.g. buildings, roads, power supplies) needed for the operation of a society or enterprise: the social and economic infrastructure of a country
More example sentences
- It is easy to integrate into existing wired networks and standard enterprise computing infrastructures.
- In some cases, they may even push the cooling infrastructures of older design facilities beyond their limits.
- Facility executives also should identify what network infrastructures exist in the facility.
- Example sentences
- He also said a small number of national infrastructural projects had given the entire infrastructural programme a bad name.
- The company said that it plans to invest €180 million on infrastructural development over the next four years.
- It's an infrastructural environment many other countries envy.
Words that rhyme with infrastructuresubstructure
Definition of infrastructure in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan