- An aggregate fruit.More example sentences
- Fruit to flower ratios were measured by counting all flowers and, later, all fruits on open-pollinated infructescences.
- Because of foliage and the three-dimensional arrangement of fruits on an infructescence, it was impossible to spray all fruits evenly.
- On 27 and 28 August 1994 we collected these infructescences, which then contained mature seeds.
late 19th century: from in-2 'in' + Latin fructus 'fruit', on the pattern of inflorescence.
More definitions of infructescenceDefinition of infructescence in:
- The US English dictionary