verb[with object] • formal
- Gather (something) in or together: it may not be possible to ingather that information within the timeMore example sentences
- Well, Turkey's 25,000 remaining Jews are in Turkey because they did not want to be ingathered.
- In its depth I saw ingathered, bound by love in one single volume, that which is dispersed in leaves throughout the universe.
- Perhaps this is the motto which could turn a spiritual leader into a latter-day ‘Piper of Hamelin’ to bring about the ingathering of the exiles and, with it, redemption for Mankind.
More definitions of ingatherDefinition of ingather in:
- The US English dictionary