• formal or • literary
- An ungrateful person.More example sentences
- He shudders to think what this here group of punks and ingrates would do to a smiley guy like Clyde.
- In the future, selfish ingrates will simply launch his remains into the sun.
- In her book the unconverted Left are still a bunch of ingrates demanding the impossible.
adjectiveBack to top
- Ungrateful.More example sentences
- By the way, I've signed on for e-mail updates from all the organizations above (so you won't have to, you ingrate weasels).
- We can afford a few traitorous little ingrate rich kids.
- But eventually, in this late case, the ingrate audience stays away in droves.
late Middle English (as an adjective): from Latin ingratus, from in- 'not' + gratus 'grateful'.
More definitions of ingrateDefinition of ingrate in:
- The US English dictionary